Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can you say SCARED!!

I have spent the last several weeks being excited about my upcoming Lap Band Surgery, now that said surgery is 4 days away....HOLY COW I am scared!

I spent a good portion of my day calling patients of Dr. Rodriguez to ask about him, the hospital and the overall experience. Everyone was so nice and helpful, but would the doctor give me a name of someone who wasn't happy?? Of course not, that's just bad for business.

But talking to them did help, I feel less anxious. But what I really want is to just get it over with. I am ready to be past this fear, its so unlike me to walk around with fear like this. My patient facilitator and the other facilitators at Belite have made me feel a lot better and I am happy I have them to lean on.

I am also scared of my dramatic life changes, I know how hard it will be. I know I have to go into this with the mind set of watching what I eat, exercising and changing my life. I am confident I will be successful, and I just pray that as the pounds roll off I realize that these changes, while difficult will be worth it.

I also spent a couple of hours with a good friend of mine last night, she had the lap band surgery in 2002. She has had a hard time with it, well she had a few great years, but by admission, she let things get out of control when she had her band deflated for a pregnancy. She hasn't been able to get on track since then and her band slipped about 2 years ago. However she was really great to talk to because while she has struggled she also said "even with all of this, I would do it all over again and recommend it to anyone." She also pointed out that she is a great example for me of what NOT to do. I love her and hope that she is able to get her band adjusted soon. I also feel very blessed to have such a good friend to call for advice and help through this big change in my life.

By the way, 4.5 pounds down since starting my pre-op diet on Saturday...WOW!

4 comments:

  1. New follower here! How did surgery go?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! New follower! I am very curious. How are you doing? I will join the Band on December 13. You are blessed to have you friend to lead you on this journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing well BANDER!!!!! So excited to watch your journey! ((gentle hugs)) -BG

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI all! Thanks or the comments, I posted a new blog to let you all know how I am doing! It feels great to have you guys following, its nice to know somewhere out there are a few friends I didn't know I had!!

    ReplyDelete