Friday, December 2, 2011

Lap Band recovery doesnt seem so bad compared to parenting today

Today has been a bit of a tough day for me, I made a HUGE mistake last night and decided that I needed to put Triple Antibiotic Ointment on my port site and then head to bed. It soaked in ALL NIGHT and of course the incision started leaking.

I was so scared something was wrong, but everything is ok, just me being a dumbass...oh well, at least I learned NEVER EVER care for your incisions in the middle of the night when you are half awake.

So I spent an incredibly stressed out morning, thinking that my band was leaking or that there was something really wrong with me. As if that wasn't stressful enough I also had a really difficult morning with my 9 year old.

Without going into too much detail I will just say she was caught in a HUGE web of lies between Jay & I, her other mom, her teacher and her grandma. She told 6 different lies and they ALL came out today. SHE WAS CAUGHT!! One of her lies was that she was so sick and her throat hurt so much that she could not go to school. After sending her anyway, because I saw no redness, no runny nose and no fever, she threw a HUGE fit at the drop off and Jay brought her home because she was crying about how sick she was.She was fine but didn't want to go to school because the homework, she said she had completed, was not done and due today at school.

To make matters worse when her teacher went through her desk to gather work to send home for her (at my request) a horrible note she had written was found.


So I spent day 6 freaked out over my leaky port incision and pissed off at my 9 year old. I also spent a great deal of time feeling guilty for being so mad and for giving her her punishment.

One good thing did happen today, I was cleared to move on to my next phase of eating, puree here I come!!!

Surgery date: 11/26/2011
Pounds Lost: 18

2 comments:

  1. Kimberly! I just found your blog! :) Welcome to the world of lap-band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, parenting is SO hard, isn't it. Some days you just have to put behind you. Tomorrow's a new day to try to figure it all out. So glad your port isn't leaking! And eating puree sounds heavenly...Day 3 of liquids, here I come.

    ReplyDelete