Monday, December 5, 2011

Stange new world

So I have moved onto pureed food and wow it is so bizarre to get full SO FAST! Even with my smaller dishes (courtesy of my sister Emily and by the advice of Lap Band Girl) I am still managing to make TOO MUCH FOOD!!!

For example I made my husband and kids bean and cheese burritos for dinner, so i took some beans and pureed them with a little water and soy milk, after about 4 bites I was stuffed. SO WEIRD! I mean my biggest struggle has always been portion size, meaning I ate too much. Weird that now I will have too much left over!!

I have found one thing I make to be quite delicious, so I thought I would share. I take Turkey Chili with Beans (1 large spoon full) and cream cheese (1 large spoon full), puree it down really really fine, then add in water until it is the thin consistency that I require. Heat in microwave for about 1 minute and YUMM!!

Another concoction I am really enjoying is avocado, one small avocado, 1 large spoon full of cream cheese, pureed down until no lumps, add in soy milk (or water) until the right consistency, add a tiny tiny amount of salt.

My weight has fluctuated over the last few days, I am assuming this is because on the introduction of pureed food. It went up by 2 pounds and now is back down again. 
I go back to work tomorrow, I am nervous and excited, nervous because I think I will be exhausted by 1pm and excited because it feels like I am a big deal past the healing phase and onto the whole "starting my new life" phase! I have already packed my lunch and made a smoothie in case I want breakfast around 10 (which has been about when I finally get hungry). 

Wish me luck friends, I am going out into the big bad junk food filled world as a new woman!

Surgery Date: 11-26-11
Weight loss: 18 pounds

2 comments:

  1. That transition to pureed/mushies can cause the scale to do weird stuff...hang in there. That avocado mixture sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahooo~ Your journey is underway! :)

    ReplyDelete